Sunday, May 12, 2013

That Most Wonderful Person

 photo amother_5t.png
I thought I'd share a few pics of the card and necklace that I made for Mom this year.

The photos aren't so great, but I'm striving to accept imperfection as it applies to my creative endeavors. Even the card and necklace.... I made them the best I could with the supplies I had on hand. I really want to age the necklace, but I haven't found any Gilder's Paste yet.

To all the Mommy's out there, Happy Mother's Day! flowers photo flowers.gif

Photobucket

 photo 1c_1f2.jpg

 photo moms-1.png

"Hundreds of dewdrops to greet the dawn,
Hundreds of bees in the purple clover,
Hundreds of butterflies on the lawn,
But only one mother the wide world over."


~ George Cooper

 photo 4c_1f.jpg

"The sweetest sounds to mortals given
Are heard in Mother, Home, and Heaven."


~ William Goldsmith Brown

 photo mday632tf.jpg

"Who ran to help me when I fell,
And would some pretty story tell,
Or kiss the place to make it well?
My mother."


~ Ann Taylor

 photo necklace600f.jpg

"Mother, the ribbons of your love are woven around my heart."

~ Author Unknown

 photo 3c_1f.jpg

Photobucket

And my favorite Mothers Day-ish quote passage of all!

 photo good.png

after her children are asleep, to rummage in their minds and put things straight for next morning, repacking into their proper places the many articles that have wandered during the day. If you could keep awake (but of course you can’t) you would see your own mother doing this, and you would find it very interesting to watch her. It is quite like tidying up drawers. You would see her on her knees, I expect, lingering humorously over some of your contents, wondering where on earth you had picked this thing up, making discoveries sweet and not so sweet, pressing this to her cheek as if it were as nice as a kitten, and hurriedly stowing that out of sight. When you wake in the morning, the naughtiness and evil passions with which you went to bed have been folded up small and placed at the bottom of your mind; and on the top, beautifully aired, are spread out prettier thoughts, ready for you to put on.

~ Peter and Wendy by J.M. Barrie

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!