Monday, May 27, 2013

To Sleep, Perchance to Dream

 photo MargaretWTarrant_GatesofFairyland_zps4e7c923d.jpg
(Artwork: "Gates of Fairyland" by Margaret W. Tarrant)

Since I deleted my old blog, there have been crickets around here. (Entirely my doing as I took off the 'Followers' gadget and have vowed to only blog for myself from now on). I've grown tired of knowing that the same May 12th post has been gathering dust up at top of this blog, so I decided to remedy that today.

With another post which will likely share the same fate for a few weeks. Photobucket

It's been crazy around here since we're in the process of moving, and sitting here at the computer isn't exactly easy-peasy just now since a pinched nerve is misbehaving in my shoulder again. (I think this is what they call getting old. When the hell did that happen? Mini rant: Father Time, you suck!)

Since time is limited, and my imagination and creativity just the same, I've decided to just lazily copy/paste a snippet from one of my older blogs (which is just a lazy copy/paste snippet from another site). It's pretty short, and I like that it doesn't ramble on and on and on.

Like me.

Photobucket

Photobucket

 photo 662.jpg

Steps

1. Buy a small notebook, set it close to your bed, and keep a pen close by.

2. Before you go to bed each night, write what you want to dream about in the notebook. (Be sure to label somewhere at the top!) Draw pictures, write and draw with lots of detail, remember even the smallest things are important. Don't watch something before you go to bed or you may dream about that!

3. Read what you've written as many times as you need to get it in your head.

4. Lie down, relax, and think hard about what you want to dream about. Think of details, they are important!

5. Close your eyes and look at the images from your dream as they appear in your subconscious. If nothing appears, read your dream again.

6. Think of it in the 1st person point of view. Imagine what it would seem like through your eyes.

 photo swing.jpg
(Via)

7. Think of dialogue and sounds in your dream until you are hearing them in your mind.

8. Think hard, but maintain a calm posture. Do not get tense. Just relax.

9. Go to sleep with these images and sounds in your head.

10. When you wake up, whether you had the right dream or not, write what happened parallel or connected somehow to the dream that you wanted to have. Again, label!

11. Compare the two dreams and think about the similarities and differences, write them down, or simply ponder over them.

 photo dream2_400.jpg
(Via)

Tips

- Try to sleep in a quiet area with no distractions whatsoever.

- Play music associated with your dream quietly.

- Label everything!

- Remember details as they are important.

- Read your dream journal often.

- Try having a symbol on your ceiling or near your bed that you can easily access. Stare at it for a few minutes before you go to sleep, and stare at it for a few minutes when you wake up. This can help you remember your dreams better/more often.

Via

Photobucket

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!