Monday, October 21, 2013

Miscellany Ramblings

 photo misc1_zpse1a99e4f.png

- The weather this weekend was absolutely gorgeous! Everyone went to Austin, to see my brother and his wife on Mom’s birthday, so I stayed home. Unfortunately, I couldn’t really sit outside and enjoy the cool weather because I felt like I had a million toy soldiers marching over my brain and eyeballs.

Since I had a headache, and because entertainment is limited out here, I watched listened to a Christmas movie. I chose the old movie classic “Holiday Affair” with Robert Mitchum and Janet Leigh.

I had forgotten how know-it-all Mitchum’s character is in that movie! He’s kind of like Laurence Olivier in Rebecca - let’s face it, Maxim DeWinter was kind of condescending – but I can’t help but watch it every year. I know it sounds silly, but since the movie is in black-and-white I can forgive the hero’s arrogance.

I found these questions a while back... where, I have no clue… and thought them fitting for Miscellany Monday.

Random thoughts

- Since living in the country, I’ve discovered that cattle are moody creatures. One minute they’re as nosey as Mrs. Rachel Lynde, and the next they can’t stand your company and upon seeing you immediately turn away from the fence and Exit Stage Right.

- I spoke too soon the other day about the mice staying in the fields for a sweet change, because two nights ago one of them was trapped inside our garbage can. (Little Izzy told me about it by growling at the back door).

- On tv the other day there was some show on about professional shoppers for the rich. These people were such SNOBS. They were rude, and I think they should be ashamed for taking what they have for granted.

Example – One girl spent $5,000 on a prom dress, and another lady spent $30,000 on her dress for some snobbish gala event.

No, that is not a typo. $30 Grand!!!!!! That’s for one dress, which she’ll wear only once, for 30 Grand.

That just borders on evil in my honest opinion. Were I blessed with an unlimited budget, you can bet I’d do some good with it. Feed starving children, rescue animals… NEVER would I even have a $30,000 wardrobe allowance. That is just ridiculous.

Your dogs in one sentence

Maddie Kate Scarlett O’Hara - always smiling, loves to be admired, smart (she puts her stuffed animals in ‘patterns’ on the living room rug), and is obsessed with her stuffed animal rabbits… which she loves to bathe like they’re real babies, and when she’s excited when we get home she celebrates by squeaking her toys like mad.

Lady Isabelle Rosie Cotton – 5 pounds of bossy fluff, silly, cute for a reason Photobucket , is PERFECT inside her crate at night, is clingy towards me when I’m about to leave the house, has sweet moments…. did I mention bossy?

Abigal Annie Oakley – unique (so much so that I want to clone the little Angel), feels more like a newborn baby than a dog, has strange phobias, the best cuddler in the world, the only time she behaves like a normal dog is when she’s outdoors (she LOVES the outdoors).

Okay, so those were major run-on sentences but rules were meant to be broken. I easily could have made their personality descriptions even longer, but didn’t. They do have their own blog after all.

What do you want most?

To unearth a natural talent that is fun, and which I can make good money from.

Feel today?

Restless.

Picture describes you

Because I miss my cat…

 photo 2c.jpg

Movie just watched?

Trying to celebrate Halloween, I watched “Casper” the other day.

Song describes current mood?

I think that Belle sums it up pretty well -

I want adventure in the great wide somewhere,
I want it more than I can tell.
And for once it might be grand,
To have someone understand.
I want so much more than they’ve got planned.


Creativity

 photo magic_purple2.jpg

I created this siggy a while back, but can’t recall if I ever posted it.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!