Tuesday, January 7, 2014

"Cold enough to freeze your winnebago!"

 photo 440_zps68c4f5a4.jpg

Wokka, Wokka!

Last night it was freezing again, and during the night the dogs next door were barking at something for a long time. I was really scared for my own little furkids, so I had them come back inside really quick. Those dogs were probably barking at a coyote.

It was 16 degrees when I got up, and the cattle must have been freezing because later in the morning they were all standing so still in the sunshine. Even they are having a hard time with the cold. We're just not used to it around here. (Not that Maddie Kate seems to mind one bit. She seems to really love it).



 photo 002_500_zps4ffb74cd.jpg
(Another larger pic can be viewed HERE)

 photo 010_500_zpsc5cfbd7d.jpg
(Larger Pic)

And here's a short video of the baby calf that I took the other day. I love watching the little guy! It reminds me so much of a little kid. It'll run ahead of it's Mama - and really fast - and then will wait for her to catch up. Once Mama catches up, the calf takes off again.



Yes, I love cows. I wish we had a ranch in this family. I'd be in my element, that's for sure.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Oh my it is cold out your way! I can not image it...we are having a somewhat mild winter here in British Columbia. Thank you for visiting me the other day...love your pretty blog. Happy week to you..stay warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin,
    Was so nice to see you stop by the blog !
    It does seem lately some of the places that don't normally get the cold have been battling with it this year and that does make it hard for them.
    We are use to erratic weather here . The snow you saw was from last Friday is gone as that weekend on Sunday it was 56 degrees ( a huge jump from 8 degrees only days earlier) and rain most of the 16 inches of snow melted as we had two fairly warm days in the 50s. Now we are back to below zero at night and teens in the day with sheets of ice ~ New England coastal weather is odd indeed !
    Stay warm and cozy, give your fur kids hugs from me .
    Wishing you all the best in the New Year !
    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  3. in my heart, i am a farm girl!! i love all farm animals.....my favorites, alpaca, cows and sheep, oh and horses too!! my body lives in the suburbs ;)

    beautiful images!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!