Friday, February 14, 2014

The Loveliest Day of the Year

 photo 1_sweettyranny2_zps22c37a57.png

Photobucket

This Valentine's Day morning, at around 6:30 am, I let the dogs out as always. It was another foggy, pretty morning when off in the distance I noticed a few deer eating breakfast over by the neighbor's pond. What I initially saw as 3 deer turned into FIVE!

I'll upload and post the video of them later, but the video - as the picture below - is a little dark. I only ever seem to see the deer around here just before sunrise or after sunset.

 photo deer540_zpsde31e0e9.png

So last "Love Day" I made a post about Valentine's Day traditions and superstitions. (Click HERE to read them). This year, however, I thought it time to share a little wisdom from the younger folk.

What do they have to say about the timeless and treasured L-word?

 photo val2.gif

~♥~♥~♥~♥~~♥~♥~♥~♥~

"Love is that first feeling you feel before all the bad stuff gets in the way."

"When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love."

"When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You know that your name is safe in their mouth."

"Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."

"Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs."
"Love is what makes you smile when you're tired."  photo wub.gif

"Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK."
"Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen."  photo xtree.gif

"When you tell someone something bad about yourself and you're scared they won't love you anymore. But then you get surprised because not only do they still love you, they love you even more."


 photo 1valentines_bd_zps22124ce3.png

"Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well."

"My mommy loves me more than anybody. You don't see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night."

"Love is when mommy gives daddy the best piece of chicken."
"Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day."  photo 23.gif

"I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones."

"When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you."

"Love is when mommy sees daddy on the toilet and she doesn't think it's gross."

"You really shouldn't say 'I love you' unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget, and it's good for them to get reminded."


 photo LoveHeart_Border400_zpse7a298de.png

Here's the Valentine Card I made my mother this year:
(I was severely lacking in Valentine-ish supplies, so it's a miracle this card even exists)

 photo CARD1_zpsb423ba0f.jpg

 photo CARD2_zps507ca665.jpg

 photo CARD3_zps55cd9541.jpg

 photo CARD4_zpsfd766ebd.jpg

 photo ttfn_green_zpsf431359e.png

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!