Friday, March 7, 2014

Somewhere in Sleep

 photo dreaming_zpscdddd39c.png
(Artwork: Sulamith Wulfing)

Recently, I decided to combine all my older dream blogs into one. I figured it'd be a lot neater this way, and maybe it'd get me back into the habit of writing down my dreams.

Not that my dreams have been anything interesting lately, but I'm hoping that will remedy itself sooner rather than later. I used to have some pretty outlandish dreams, and over the past year I've realized just how much I've taken those nocturnal ramblings for granted.

My new Dream Blog can be viewed at the link below:

The Magic Hours

If you yourself have a dream/paranormal/spiritual blog, please share. I love that kind of stuff!

And what better way to end this post than by sharing a few quotes about dreams from the retired tv series, Northern Exposure. (These quotes are all by 'Chris in the Morning').

Remember that show? To this day I believe it's the best series to ever air. There's not been anything on like it since. Nothing has even come close to the genius of this show!

 photo DesignH540_zps140cbc6f.jpg

 photo about_zpsf5530d0a.png

 photo 275t_zpsaccd5ef4.jpg
(Artwork: Josephine Wall)

"Dreams are postcards from our subconscious, inner self to outer self, right brain trying to cross that moat to the left. Too often they come back unread: 'return to sender, addressee unknown.'

That's a shame because it's a whole other world out there--or in here depending on your point of view. Indeed, for all we know this very moment could be nothing more than vapors of our own imaginations. As Bertrand Russell mused, 'I do not believe that I am now dreaming, but I cannot prove that I am not.'

Point being, there could be more to our nocturnal journeys than commonly accepted or considered."

~♥~♥~♥~♥~~♥~♥~♥~♥~

"'In dreams begin responsibilities,' so wrote the poet.

So it is perhaps. Could it be we take our dreams too lightly, those images from places unknown? Could they in fact be angels in flight, our souls aloft?

You know, recent experiences have made yours truly take another pass through the metaphysical thickets. As unlikely as it may sound in this rational age, I emerged on the side of those that cannot help but put their faith in that which cannot be easily explained.

Be open to your dreams people. Embrace that distant shore. Cause our mortal journey is over all too soon.

'Those cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, the solemn temples. The great globe itself. Yea all which you inherit shall dissolve and like this insubstantial pageant faded. Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff as dreams are made on and our little life is rounded with asleep.'"

~♥~♥~♥~♥~~♥~♥~♥~♥~

"'In that state of hallucinated lucidity, not only did they see the images of their own dreams, but some saw images dreamed by others.'"

That's from Gabriel. Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude.

It seems there's precedence for this dream swapping. Is it really so out there? Maybe we just dream each other's dreams all the time. Isn't that netherworld of the unconscious truly collective? Aren't your fears my fears? Aren't your wants my wants? Don't we all drink from the same human cup?

Here's what Karl Jung had to say about it.

'All consciousness separates, but in dreams we put on that likeness of that more universal, truer more eternal man dwelling in the darkness of primordial night. There, he is still the hole and the hole is in him, indistinguishable from nature.... Out of the all-uniting depths, a dream arises, be it ever so childish, grotesque and immoral.'"

 photo ttfn_zps37edc331.png

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of dream swapping...what a cool concept! I wish I could control my dreams.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!