Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A Random Sort of Wednesday

 photo kitties_zpsd97875da.png
The video below, of a wedding in Ireland, is one of the sweetest things I've seen in a long time. Just look at what this minister did for the wedding couple on their big day.

He went out of his way to make their day extra special.



 photo sepia515-sweetlyscrapped_zps33363537.jpg

Of Time Lords, Highlanders and Pirates

A happy surprise the other day was finding a Part 1 of Season 2 dvd of Doctor Who at the store. One of my all time favorite episodes - "The Girl in the Fireplace" - is from that season, so I decided to make a sig for it.

 photo 675gitfcr_zps7e555ca7.jpg
(Click HERE for finished pic with quote)

And then I saw a new teaser trailer for Outlander....



....so I made these:

 photo thepast2cr_lf_zpsc5972640.jpg

It's glaringly obvious where I messed up, but I'm learning not to hide from imperfection so much. The good news is I downloaded a few brushes, which is something I haven't used in forever. I haven't been using them because I only just now discovered why so many of them wouldn't allow for different colors. (I'd never run into that problem until I lost my original GIMP program).

 photo 690_celtic_zps38bfb0a9.jpg
(Click HERE for the final sig with quote)

I really need to add a texture or something to these, but haven't found one yet that does the trick. I still consider myself a newbie at this, and unfortunately that does show.

I later decided to REALLY try hard to create something even halfway decent... hence using "Captain Hook" as inspiration.  photo hook.gif

I wanted to add some brushes to this one, but finding the ones I want that can be used in GIMP 2.0 is proving pretty difficult. I guess I need to upload the latest version.

And find some new fonts to upload.

 photo 690_2_zps0035a9d4.jpg
(Click HERE for finished siggy with quote)

 photo 690findyou2template_zpsf9e8b0d7.jpg
(Click HERE for the finished sig with the quote)

I also made a more sepia toned one, which can be seen HERE.

 photo wings515-sweetlyscrapped_zps16d2c020.jpg

Random pics I took a while back:

 photo cinderella500_zps64914cca.jpg
(Larger Pic)

 photo lr500_zps6e6df5fe.jpg
(Larger Pic)

 photo 017_500_zpsa444f6fc.jpg
(Larger Pic)

 photo shelf2_500t_zpse5896c2d.jpg

 photo 1062_500_zps6c17b0a4.jpg
(Larger Pic)

 photo 009_500_zps6ec1ded5.jpg
(Larger Pic)

 photo shelf500_zpsabb277af.jpg
(Larger Pic)

 photo v008_435_zpsfcc6dbd7.jpg
(Larger Pic)

I love that red cow. Every time we're out there, it's so curious. And the other day, when we went outside while it's new calf was snoozing up against the fence, it kept a REAL CLOSE eye on me and the dogs.

She's a protective Mama.

 photo 096_500_zpsfc7fad0c.jpg
(Larger Pic)

 photo paristable_500_zpsf0211859.jpg
(Larger Pic)

 photo 016_500_zps941cb229.jpg
(Larger Pic)

 photo lr2_500_zps91827334.jpg
(Larger Pic)

 photo 014_500_zpsb8c75518.jpg
(Larger Pic)

 photo shelf2_500_zpsf87f1a56.jpg
(Larger Pic)

 photo sepia515-sweetlyscrapped_zps33363537.jpg

Quick vids of the Indian Paintbrush on the way home:

Not many fields of bluebonnets, although there are patches scattered here and there. I guess I need to visit Chappell Hill to see them. I really need to look at the Bluebonnet Watch website again.






Finally saw the bunnies that have been hanging out around our barn and by the front fence:




Every night the baby calf's start playing:

The newest baby runs all the time, but I didn't get to film them all doing relays around the pond. It was getting too dark for the camera to capture anything.







Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!