Thursday, September 11, 2014

In Remembrance

 photo hrt_zpsf6528f20.png

We all remember where we were during the tragedy of September 11th. It's all over the television tonight. Some will watch these shows in tribute while others will do their best to treat this as an ordinary day.

Nothing wrong with that.

We don't need reminders of 911. We'll never forget, but I think it's important to at least honor the victims and their families in some way. For me it's always been sharing these two blog posts which I found a while back.

The first blog post is from author Meg Cabot. She lived only a few dozen blocks away. She was actually there.

This second blog post is from Tales from an OC Cottage. It's a very thorough and well constructed tribute. (FYI: There are photos of the destruction).

At the very end of their post they list the names and ages of all the people that were senselessly murdered that day. Close to 3,000 individuals. I'll never forget the first time I saw all those names listed one after the other like that.

It is heartbreaking, and it is gut-wrenching.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!