Thursday, December 18, 2014

Jack Frost, Where Art Thou?

 photo 370.jpg
(Artwork: Fritz Baumgarten)

The weather hasn't exactly been feeling very wintry, or even like fall for that matter. (I missed the cold weather while we were at Disney World, and the coolest it's been since we got back was yesterday. Goodness it felt wonderful yesterday. If only that would have lasted!) Every once in a while I'll browse a few blogs and what do my wandering eyes see but stunningly beautiful photos of SNOW or words about cold temps.

It feels like everyone got invited to this party called Christmas, but no one down south was sent an invitation. Let the celebration commence everywhere but here. Only on random evenings is there a little chill in the air.

So, in order to TRY to get into the Christmas Spirit I decided to post a few more Christmas photos. (It's all the Christmasy ammo I possess).

Well, not all of this post will be Christmasy.
 photo mitten.gif

 photo lines-044.gif

1). This is my favorite Lighted Glitter House. We put this one up in our new craft building.

I haven't taken pics of the building yet because it isn't quite finished. It's very, very close though!

 photo house1_500v.jpg
(Larger Pic)

 photo 008_600.jpg
(Larger Pic)

 photo house2_500v.jpg
(Larger Pic)

 photo house_600.jpg
(Larger Pic)

 photo ch-hollybar.gif

2). Here's a sweet lantern my mother made recently. I think it is ADORABLE, and she loved that it didn't take long to make.

Now I want to make one, too!

 photo lantern1_500v.jpg
(Larger Pic)

 photo elf_cl600.jpg
(Larger Pic)

 photo lantern3_500v.jpg
(Larger Pic)

 photo candycaneline2.gif

3). This is what our gazebo looks like this year:
(We've never had a gazebo before, so it's nice seeing the lights on it at night)

 photo gazebolts_600.jpg
(Larger Pic)

The lights and wreath on the gate look really nice, too. I just haven't taken photos of it yet because the outdoor lights aren't like we want them to be just yet.

It'll likely take a couple more years before we get to that point. Decorating here, in such a larger outdoor space, is nothing like decorating a house in suburbia. We learned that really fast.

 photo ch-hollybar.gif

4). Absolutely, positively, no explanation necessary.  photo wub-1_zpsc4d2eea2.png

 photo 500_gb.jpg

 photo gerry400.jpg

 photo candycaneline2.gif

5). It dawned one me the other day that Christmas looks different these days.

Christmas lights... with CATTLE and a DONKEY.

 photo 023_600.jpg

 photo 028_600.jpg

 photo 020_600.jpg

 photo ch-hollybar.gif

6). I am still lovin' the crows. I could listen to them all day.

 photo 015_600cr.jpg

 photo 017_600cr.jpg

 photo 018_600.jpg

 photo candycaneline2.gif

7). The camera didn't really capture it well, but the sunrise the other morning was really pretty.

 photo 035_600.jpg

 photo ch-hollybar.gif

8). Went to my grandmother's old house in the woods - in Somerville - Wednesday morning. The owl in the photos below was carved by a friend of my mother's cousin.

 photo owl_1_400.jpg

 photo owl_2_400.jpg

Would you believe this is the FIRST carving this man has ever done in his life? I think that is just remarkable.

 photo candycaneline2.gif

9). Izzy loves to hide one of her toys/babies in particular. Today we found it beneath the Christmas tree.

 photo baby_500v.jpg

 photo ttfn_zps37edc331.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!