Wednesday, December 31, 2014

So Long, Farewell 2014

 photo DianaLapshina.jpg
(Artwork: Diana Lapshina)

"New Year's is a harmless annual institution, of no particular use to anybody save as a scapegoat for promiscuous drunks, and friendly calls and humbug resolutions."

~ Mark Twain

 photo lines-044.gif

 photo shiny_600.jpg

The Christmas decorations are (at a snails pace) beginning to come down and it's time to wish Baby New Year another Happy Birthday.

Anyone else watch "Rudolph's Shiny New Year" once Christmas is over? After every Christmas I can't live without it. It's my crutch to lean on after coming to terms with our Christmas tree and all its adored ornaments being locked away for another year.

And don't even mention the snowmen. I ADORE all our snowpeople. I treasure them so much that I've even given most of them names.

 photo wavingsnowman_b.jpg

But Christmas, and 2014 (almost), is over at last.

Which begs the question:

How do you feel about New Years Resolutions? Friend or Foe?

I've read a few blog posts on the matter, and it seems more and more people are coming up with New Years words. (Which I personally find more appealing, and healthier and not so stressful as listing straight out goals/resolutions). Some take them pretty seriously, while others regard them in the same light as emptying the litter box.

I used to be the former. If New Years Resolutions were a subject in school, inside my teacher's grade book there would be a sparkling 'A' next to my name. These days however, I don't have much use for them.

 photo calvin.jpg

Doing anything special as a swan song for the old year?

We aren't at all. We can't really go anywhere, since we're dogsitting, but it's not like we would have gone anywhere special anyway. There isn't much to do around these parts. Even if you want to go to the mall - which I don't - you have to go all the way to College Station or Austin.

 photo mxcandy_400.jpg

Since it's actually cold out, I was going to make our famous fudge but instead Mom made Pralines/Mexican Candy from all the pecans picked at my brother's house. They are delicious!

We ran out of sugar, so the fudge I'll have to make on another cold day. (It doesn't really matter though because either tonight or tomorrow we're making Shrimp Gumbo! Yum!)

So, here's a little New Years Eve Math for this household:

 photo nyemath.png

We love to party around here, can't ya tell? Someone might have to tie me down so that I don't hurt myself with all this rocking and rolling and throwing confetti in the air in between sipping iced mocha's and kissing my dogs at midnight.

As I said, we're dogsitting my brother's two dogs. That's 5 dogs outnumbering 3 humans. (HOW did we do this when we also had 2 cats to add into the mix?) My brother and his wife are visiting New Orleans this week.

 photo candycaneline2.gif

 photo JoeRinaldi_450.jpg
(Artwork: Joe Rinaldi)

Here are just some random photos from recently, mainly of the pets.

But of course....
(I took a lot of pics of one of Lance's dogs, "Beans")

 photo 011sg_600.jpg

 photo 1izzy2_500v.jpg

 photo 035_500v.jpg

 photo 1abby_500v.jpg

 photo 1maddie2_500v.jpg

 photo cr1_400v.jpg

 photo 025_500v.jpg

 photo 1izzy1_500v.jpg

 photo ab1_600.jpg

 photo 011_600-1.jpg

 photo 1maddie1_500v.jpg

 photo isabelleporch_600.jpg

 photo familycircusnye.png
"Youth is when you're allowed to stay up late on New Year's Eve. Middle age is when you're forced to."
~ Bill Vaughan



 photo 022_600.jpg

 photo 009_600.jpg

 photo moon_600v.jpg

 photo 007sg_600.jpg

 photo a_rock_600.jpg
(Abby loooves her pet rock)

 photo cow_600.jpg

 photo 014_600.jpg

 photo cr2_400v.jpg

 photo 032_600.jpg

 photo 016_500v.jpg

 photo cow2_600.jpg

 photo 003_500v.jpg

View Larger Pics HERE

 photo candycaneline2.gif

 photo 87.jpg

I almost forgot that today is also my uncle's birthday!

 photo ttfn_yellow_zps48e0d46f.png

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and yours! YOur fur babies are adorable as usual, love seeing them playing outside on the Green Grass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snowman and Mickey are great! Love the cute dogs and oh that MOON!!!! Happy New year to you! By the way, if you used to live in Burton, did you happen to know my dear friend Linda Gamache?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, we pretty much lived in the boonies in Burton. There weren't many people there to meet. We only lived there while the house was being built.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!