Monday, March 30, 2015

Another Fairy Cottage at Crick Hollow

 photo 390_zpstdugc3ox.jpg
(Artwork: "Night of the Fireflies" by Paulina Cassidy)

"When the winds of March are wakening the crocuses and crickets,
Did you ever find a fairy near some budding little thickets,...
And when she sees you creeping up to get a closer peek
She tumbles through the daffodils, a playing hide and seek."


~ Marjorie Barrows

 photo 515-16-SweetlyScrapped_zpsd4f51152.png

And here is my latest, and so far my last, fairy house. (I'll share my Fairy Tree photos in a later post). It's the smallest one I've ever made, and still it took several hours to create.

Out of all the fairy cottages I've made so far, I think this one is my favorite.

I only wish I'd taken better photos to do it justice. It was too sunny on the day I took them, and even now it's the same.  photo sunshine_zps8b30dbfb.gif The weather is already getting quite miserably hot, so I'm not about to brave the heat to take more photos when they'll most likely turn out the same as these anyway.

I think I need to start naming these little cottages.  photo scratch_zps3adfc319.gif Any ideas?

 photo 009_500v_zpsyvti8vbx.jpg

 photo 020_600_zpsdh9v6yks.jpg

 photo 017_600_zpsxuuqcrrb.jpg

 photo 028_500v_zpsgeidz0dw.jpg

It's difficult to see in the photos, but that's a penny on the roof.

 photo 021_500v_zpsow8jjltw.jpg

 photo 032_600_zpsd0vcvbkd.jpg

 photo 101_500v_zpsv9ufdood.jpg

 photo 027_600cr_zpscullpxkd.jpg

 photo 019_500v_zpsgfpb0kjr.jpg

 photo 025_500v_zpscuvklgei.jpg

I really wanted to use more of those tiny curly branches/vine that I've used before, but I need to go out and collect some more. You can barely make one out on the roof. It's just above the little rosebud.

 photo 016_500v_zpsddamnq4f.jpg

 photo 026_600_zpsq8ltcybr.jpg

 photo 012_500v_zpsbu4w5t6d.jpg

 photo 031_600_zpssupg9pzs.jpg

 photo 018_500v_zpsmvaip7zb.jpg

For the past several days we've been at Round Top (the HUGE, super popular antiques fair that officially opens April 1st), and so many times I found myself picking up acorns and little sticks that have a nice shape to them... to use in my fairy houses.

I hope no one noticed that crazy lady putting sticks in her bag. Photobucket

 photo 023_600_zpswhap1xas.jpg

 photo 011_500v_zpsmroitqmm.jpg

 photo 024_600_zpstkh98yt5.jpg

 photo 014_500v_zpswq7yc96y.jpg

~♥~♥~♥~♥~~♥~♥~♥~♥~

Linking to these lovely memes:

Brag About It / Inspire Me Monday / Show and Share Tuesday / Wow Us Wednesday / What to Do Weekends / Craftberry Bush / Show and Tell Friday / Flaunt It Friday / Show and Tell Saturday / Shabby Art Boutique / French Country Cottage

 photo ttfn_yellow_zps48e0d46f.png

7 comments:

  1. I love these Kristen! I'm reading on my iPad and it's kinda slow loading so maybe I missed it, but I want to know why the sweet blue door is barred? To keep the ogres out? But how will the fairies get in? Anyway I love your use of natural materials,. And I've always thought that acorns, especially when they have caps, are really magic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't barred. :p
      It's just part of the door; a cross-brace. Glad you liked it!

      Delete
  2. Adorable! I bet you could sell those on Etsy! Wanted to tell you that my sales have really picked up this year! I know you had thought about opening a shop. Well, they're cute as a button!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did seriously think about it, but when I heard from my aunt how high the sales tax, etc. is for small businesses... it doesn't seem worthwhile. (VERY disappointing). The government takes pretty much all of the profit, so I guess I'll be making these for myself. The trouble with that is I'm going to have to start making only outdoor ones because there just isn't room for them in the house. Lol!

      Delete
  3. Kristin,
    This is just wonderful! You are so very talented!
    Thank you for sharing with us at Brag About It!
    ~Laurie
    www.myhusbandhastoomanyhobbies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post! You are incredibly creative!!!! We have a lady in our town who creates fairy houses, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way too cute! totally love the color of the front door.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!