Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Knock Knock, Anyone Home?

 photo Ida Rentoul Outhwaite_432_zpsm945cnwv.jpg
(Artwork: Ida Rentoul Outhwaite)

"And as the seasons come and go, here's something you might like to know. There are fairies everywhere: under bushes, in the air, playing games just like you play, singing through their busy day. So listen, touch, and look around — in the air and on the ground. And if you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wing."

~ Author Unknown
 photo 515-16-SweetlyScrapped_zpsd4f51152.png

A while back I made my very first fairy door!

It was a lot of fun to create, especially seeing how I was finally able to use my little 'Fairy Tale' rabbit charm. I've had it for a long time and always wanted to use it on a fairy door like this.

 photo 145_600_zpse6a823a0.jpg

 photo 142_600_zps26876c66.jpg

I really wanted to use an even smaller acorn, but the one I ended up using was the smallest I could find at the time.

Our trees drop dozens of those things, and I'm sure I could have found the perfect one, but that would have forced me to put my brave girl boots on. That field hasn't been cut in a while... because I planted bluebonnet seeds there a while back... so it's prime real estate for snakes at the moment.

Staying Alive > The Perfect Acorn

 photo 115_600_zps4bb68903.jpg

 photo 108_600_zps0f914641.jpg

 photo 134_600_zps169a9eee.jpg

 photo 105_600_zps77b7849b.jpg

 photo 139_600_zpsacb12803.jpg

~♥~♥~♥~♥~~♥~♥~♥~♥~

Linking to these lovely memes:

Brag About It / Inspire Me Monday / Show and Share Tuesday / Wow Us Wednesday / What to Do Weekends / Craftberry Bush / Show and Tell Friday / Flaunt It Friday / Show and Tell Saturday / Shabby Art Boutique / French Country Cottage

 photo ttfn_zps37edc331.png

11 comments:

  1. WOW. Gorgeous door. I love it. Pinned, of course. :) Linda Crafts a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Kristin! I so love the lichen at the top of the door!! (I collect lichen every time I see it so that I can use it in projects too!) Beautiful little fairy door! Also...I see you are an Outlander fan! Best books EVER!!!! I even blogged about my Outlander party on the opening night of the series - you can find it here: http://ornatesplendor.blogspot.com/2014/08/outlander-watching-party_95.html I found Outlander party printables and even had a kilted chip bowl!! Ha! Only about a week till the new episodes start! :) Long live JAMMF!! Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love Outlander! I haven't yet read the latest book though, and come April 4th I won't be watching the series. (Gonna wait for the dvd release this time). This next season is going to be difficult to watch... (you know why)... so it's probably just as well for me to wait for the dvd's and watch the episodes all together.

      Delete
  3. Lovely! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Brag About It! Hope we will see you next week!
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fairy doors! The little rabbit head is such a sweet touch! It's the absolute perfect little door for those garden fairies!
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful. It reminded me that I have a fairy door to use better this year than I did last year. I think it got left out during the winter so I hope its still useable. Yours if very nice. Cant wait to be out in the garden again
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pinned. Awesomeness!!! Linda at Crafts a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love that you've been pinning my fairy houses, and now my door.

      I only have one fairy house... well, tree... to go!

      Delete
  7. That's really cute! I want to do this now!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!