Sunday, April 12, 2015

"If I Were" - Questionnaire

 photo roberts_zpsr8pcqsok.jpg

This is so much fun! It's a questionnaire I found on Marie's blog, A Colorful World. (A while back she discovered it on another blog, listed here).

Here we go!

 photo 515-16-SweetlyScrapped_zpsd4f51152.png

If I were a month I’d be...
October, but not like the Octobers we have here.

Instead of a Texas October, I'd be REAL October in all its splendor: cool, brisk air filling my lungs... colorful leaves floating down from the trees... seeing Jack-o-Lanterns on front porches and observing people exiting coffee shops with warm drinks warming their cold hands... cozy sweaters.

If I were a day I’d be...
the first day of Christmas vacation.  photo eve2.gif

Or perhaps a Snow Day!  photo flake.gif I've always wondered what that would feel like.

If I were a time of day I’d be...
two o'clock in the morning.

If I were a font I’d be...
 photo windsong_zpsj3ot59o5.png
If I were a door I’d be... round, like a Hobbit door.

 photo John Howe_300_zpscydxfh91.jpg
(Artwork: John Howe)

If I were an element I’d be...
air, because I'd be helping the little birdies fly.  photo weee_zpsad06ada0.gif

If I were a tool I’d be...
a coffee grinder.

Because who wants to be a dirty old greasy tool from the garage?  photo 34_zpsd8619e6f.gif

If I were a flower I’d be...
a sweet violet.

If I were an element of weather I’d be...
the quiet thunderstorm rolling in from the distance.

If I were a planet I’d be...
Saturn, because it's just so different. There's a mystical feel to Saturn, I think.

But if we're talking about a planet outside of our solar system, I'd choose GJ 504 b for one very simplistic - yet pretty cool - reason. Never mind that it's a gas planet 4X larger than Jupiter, but she's PINK!

 photo 215 pk_zpsfsu8kiej.jpg

I think a bubblegum pink planet would be a very pretty, and quite unusual, sight. I like unusual!

She really needs a different name though, because GJ 504 b makes her sound like a tractor or a motorcycle. How unfortunate.

If I were a musical instrument I’d be...
a flute.

If I were a color I’d be...
turquoise.

If I were a direction I’d be...
in a real quandary, having no sense of self, because I have NO sense of direction as it is.  photo thlost_zps88e72a68.gif

Need proof? How about the mother of my best friend in high school giving me a compass as a joke when I graduated?

If I were a piece of furniture I’d be...
an antique bookshelf where a person of any age would feel welcomed. My shelves would be visited daily by lovers of myths, travel, romance novels, Beatrix Potter, Tolkien, time travel, and Little Golden Books.

 photo Adelaide Claxton_zpsf1oduimv.jpg
(Artwork: Adelaide Claxton)

If I were an emotion I’d be...
reflective.

If I were a fruit I’d be...
a cherry topping off a sundae.

If I were a sound I’d be...
a quiet breeze, or horse hooves clomping down Main Street USA at Walt Disney World.

If I were a liquid I’d be...
a cappuccino nestled warmly inside a cup that's sitting on an outside verandah in Italy. coffee photo coffee.gif

 photo snoopy_zpsc9dpg7te.jpg

If I were a car/truck I’d be...
a horse drawn carriage.

If I were a place I’d be...
comforting, mysterious and spiritual.

Perhaps someplace like Rivendell in Lord of the Rings.

If I were material I’d be...
a soft and cozy robe to relax in while reading a good book or watching classic movies.

If I were a tree I’d be...
an Oak, only I wouldn't be an ordinary one because the hollow on my trunk would actually be a magical portal for people to enter other realms.

 photo Gilbert Williams_295_zpsuk8azhj1.jpg

Safe realms of course. Photobucket Cybermen, Daleks, and Weeping Angels need not apply.

If I were a scent I’d be...
Jasmine and Roses in the warmer months, and Evergreen/Christmas Tree in the cooler months.

If I were a song I’d be...
haunting, ancient, and brimming with a riddle to solve.

If I were a bird I’d be...
a scissor-tail flying over the countryside on a starry night.

If I were a gemstone I’d be...
an emerald nestled inside a claddagh ring.

 photo cldgh_zpstcdgrjyu.jpg

If I were a gift I’d be...
handmade and given from the heart.

If I were a city I’d be...
feeling out of place and wishing for a pair of earplugs to drown out the traffic noise.

If I were a pair of shoes I’d be...
comfortable house slippers.

If I were a poem I’d be...
humorous, yet heartfelt.

 photo 515-16-SweetlyScrapped.png

 photo random3.png

I really could have edited these better...

 photo 002_600_zpslymjeo5c.jpg

 photo 001_600_zpsigcbhjaj.jpg

I know I promised to slacken on taking pictures of the cattle, but this pic was on the camera before I made that vow, so... I'm excusing myself this one time. Photobucket

I refuse to stop taking video of the calves though. They're just too cute when they're playing.

 photo 011_600_zpslcjtyqwy.jpg

 photo 005_600_zpswxydplkh.jpg

We now have at least 3 hummingbirds battling it out at the feeders.

They seem to also love our rose trees (which are blooming beautifully after the deer ate them like candy last year) and the flowers on the garden cart. I tried getting photos of them earlier but it was just too miserably hot outside and I've been battling a headache for two days now.

 photo 009_600_zpsx0jnqdkh.jpg

 photo ttfn_zps37edc331.png

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you decided to join in! And thanks for the link! Loved your answers! You were very creative, and it was fun learning more about you! Your flower photos are awesome too! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....and you are all those things my dear! Your photos are gorgeous.... we are greening up here finally, can't wait for more flowers to bloom. Yours are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!