Wednesday, May 6, 2015

The Flying Jewels Return

 photo Marjolein Bastin_600_zpswqgxjysb.jpg
(Artwork: Marjolein Bastin)

The hummingbirds are back in full force. The most we've counted at one time was 15. (And that isn't counting the others at the feeders in the front yard). I think that's a record breaker!

I took some great video of them, but upon uploading them to YouTube the quality is horrific. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being the lowest, I'd give it a 0. They're that bad.

I also have a cute video of a Mama Deer and her little baby that I wanted to share. They were running like mad in the neighbor's field, until they got to a group of trees.

They've been on our land, too, and during one - of many - violent thunderstorms recently my father saw them. They were eating on the side of the road, which surprises me because this storm was vicious and the lightning was never-ending. It was only a little after 3 am when he saw them.

Since YouTube has been a brat with my videos, I decided to sign up for Vimeo but I still haven't received their verification email. I've had them resend it a few times, and it isn't even in my Spam folder.

So.... until Vimeo sends that email, all I have to share of the hummers are photos. I wish they looked better, but no matter what setting I use they look the same. (And this is a really great camera, so I know I just have a lot to learn).

 photo 515-16-SweetlyScrapped_zpsd4f51152.png

 photo 0b_600_zpsfrprphcg.jpg

 photo hummer fence 1_600_zpswnlhixjc.jpg

 photo 1b_600_zpsbbrqftns.jpg

 photo 2b_600_zps3m2qqz4n.jpg

 photo 3b_600_zpsphccg62y.jpg

 photo 4b_500_zpsacargqbm.jpg

My mother came across this turtle while mowing the grass near the barn. It looked to be headed towards the neighbor's pond.

We've been seeing lots of turtles in these parts lately. We can't drive anywhere without seeing 1 or 2 of them crossing the road.

 photo hummer fence 2_600_zpsxcohr80n.jpg

 photo 4b_2_600_zpsmqkedtfd.jpg

 photo 5b_500_zpscosxsgtp.jpg

 photo 5b_2_600_zpssepsm72n.jpg

 photo 5b_3_600_zpsyirghxah.jpg

 photo 6b_600_zps4m8sejlf.jpg

 photo 7b_600_zpsjkhjy5sf.jpg

More berries growing alongside our fence. We keep them there for the rabbits to eat.

 photo 9b_600_zpsfizdteft.jpg

 photo 10b_500_zpseivlxc60.jpg

 photo 11b_600_zpstae97ipv.jpg

 photo 12b_600_zpseqwzdtas.jpg

 photo fence_600_zpsflgyu95n.jpg

 photo feeder_600_zpstxytdpan.jpg

 photo 025_490v_zpsido0m09d.jpg

 photo 017_600_zpsv353dywx.jpg

 photo 032_600_zpsxfxsllke.jpg

 photo 027_500v_zpsfriubvwa.jpg

 photo 028_600_zps7kn2sruv.jpg

 photo 025_600_zpshgorhgfj.jpg

Larger Pics can be viewed HERE

I also have more pics - hummingbird and rabbits in particular - on my Facebook Page. (Listed in the sidebar). Most of my photos I post on there now. It's just easier that way.

~♥~♥~♥~♥~~♥~♥~♥~♥~

Sharing with:
I'D RATHER B BIRDIN'

 photo ttfn_yellow_zps48e0d46f.png

3 comments:

  1. The little hummers are gorgeous! I usually don't see them till later in the spring and summer when the bee balm starts to bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and here I thought the wildflowers were keeping them from being in our yard this year....but I see I was wrong...they're ALL at your place!! Extraordinary. Love the blue bird and the one photo of the hummers on the fence section.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOO exciting about all the hummers! Your photos of them and of the bluebird and finches, are gorgeous! Wish your videos had come out OK. Great job documenting these guys (and gals) with stills, though! How wonderful to have so many!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!