Saturday, July 11, 2015

Rainy June Recap

 photo june 400_zps71hkhzsm.jpg
(Artwork: Claire Fletcher)

“One June evening, when the orchards were pink-blossomed again, when the frogs were singing silvery sweet in the marshes about the head of the Lake of Shining Waters, and the air was full of the savor of clover fields and balsamic fir woods, Anne was sitting by her gable window. She had been studying her lessons, but it had grown too dark to see the book, so she had fallen into wide-eyed reverie, looking out past the boughs of the Snow Queen, once more be-starred with its tufts of blossom.”

~ L.M. Montgomery
 photo 515-16-SweetlyScrapped_zpsd4f51152.png

Well I don't know about flowering pink blossoms blooming in this heat, but Rainy May turned into a lot of rainy days and evenings in June.

And I mean lots of them. We've been very fortunate when it comes to all the flooding these past two months, but still... the rain became a little annoying.

FYI: I heard on tv a few weeks ago that Texas received so much rain, just in May alone, that when you break it down 8 inches of the wet stuff has covered the entire state!

For the most part I choose to post my photos on Facebook nowadays (since not many, aka very often nobody at all, even reads this blog unless I join a blog hop or comment on a blog post that interests me), but.... I still like posting in here at least once a month, so here are some photos taken in June.

 photo r4_600_zpsk0ihchsn.jpg

 photo b_600_zpsrd7lkci5.jpg

 photo 002_600_zpsawwsjlj9.jpg



 photo 031_600_zps3ydoihhy.jpg

 photo moon2_600_zpsvifr3toq.jpg


(The Hummingbirds, Deer and our Feathered Friends)

 photo 004_500_zpsyzbbgl5u.jpg

 photo 025_600_zpsurtj7ryz.jpg

 photo 4 vultures_600_zpspfzczkrx.jpg

 photo 024_600_zpsfcaazxnj.jpg

 photo 014_600_zpsefgwmvnv.jpg


(And even more of the wet stuff).

 photo sq_600_zpsxcaelksq.jpg

 photo 033_600_zpsrtfgaorl.jpg

 photo 017_600_zpspimmc596.jpg



 photo 001_600_zps5ixnmkdp.jpg

 photo 016_600_zpskxaqkjfx.jpg

 photo Izzy Nap_600_zpsbgwv6cmk.jpg



 photo 022_600_zpsfibbcg8m.jpg

 photo cr1_600_zps0u49i4cu.jpg

 photo b_400_zpsq8cjknwc.jpg

 photo 3 crows_600_zpsvpkbiews.jpg

Here are the latest partners in crime, taking over all the suet feeders.


(The rabbit, a nosey squirrel, and hungry crows)

 photo 034_600_zpsghdmgnjd.jpg

 photo mf_600_zpsyon6oexm.jpg

 photo r1_600_zpshdrqrsfw.jpg

 photo sq_crow_600_zpsvobmfpqy.jpg

Methinks Mr. Crow is being spied upon. See the squirrel?


(Vultures, our resident rabbit, and more hummers)

 photo b2_600_zpszbrmnoc1.jpg

 photo 014_zps98e3hog9.jpg

Notice the lack of cow photos?  photo cow_zpscf581b99.gif

We haven't seen the neighbor's cattle in over a month. I guess he's letting that one field rest for a bit. I just hope he brings them back soon because 1). I miss seeing them, and 2). The grass on his side is very TALL now, which brings in the snakes and, quite frankly, just isn't very pretty to look at.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!