Sunday, September 6, 2015

The Reading Nook

 photo pooh_zpsxsenqbon.jpg
(Artwork: E.H. Shepard)

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep."
~ Scott Adams

So it's been a little crazy around here, what with Maddie Kate Scarlett O'Hara's various vet visits and worrying over her health. She's doing better, but at night she's all restless. This only started after her first vet visit, so I think either her shots or the Trifexis heartworm medicine is the culprit.

When she went back to be tested for Cushing's Disease they said her kidneys were all clear, so that was a relief.

It's also been a little crazy around here from the fact that a cat has decided to take up permanent residence on our front porch. (Yep, he's still here). Even as I type young Toby Tyler is still hanging out there. All we can do for him is to feed and water him, give him his flea meds, and when next the vet comes to Tractor Supply take him there to get his shots. Like it or not, we're responsible for him.



He's certainly given our dogs something to bark about... literally. We won't allow them near each other at all, even though every single time we open the front door Toby tries to run inside.

Anyway.... amidst the chaos I've been building more fairy houses. Pictured below is just one of them. (This particular one was made from a Sour Cream plastic container. The 'bark' I created from a tub of Patch I got at the hardware store).

I'm not at all happy with the floor and rug, but it's a little too late to correct that now.  photo 46.gif I also wish I remembered to add something ornate and pretty above the door.

Ah, well. Crying about it won't change anything. Live and learn. What I think I'll do about the floor is just add some moss.

That's the great thing about making fairy houses. If you make a mistake, just toss some moss over it. Photobucket

 photo 515-16-SweetlyScrapped_zpsd4f51152.png

 photo 1_zpsfhpiswrm.jpg

 photo 2_zpss1ehn9e2.jpg

 photo 3_zpsvl7soche.jpg

 photo 4_zpscunhwd8g.jpg

 photo 5_zps6kckfm5e.jpg

 photo 6_zpsguhbdfkl.jpg

 photo 7_zpsl24qlizx.jpg

 photo 8_zps6exj6l8q.jpg

 photo 9_zpsftkrgrah.jpg

 photo 10_zpsryyh97ju.jpg

 photo 11_zpsqeqm1cv9.jpg

 photo 12_zpskw2zlkq2.jpg

 photo 13_zps9hyvsrk1.jpg

 photo 14_zpsn8lwnr6t.jpg

 photo 15_zpscrcjpdid.jpg

~♥~♥~♥~♥~~♥~♥~♥~♥~

Linking to these lovely memes:

Brag About It / Inspire Me Monday / Show and Share Tuesday / Wow Us Wednesday / What to Do Weekends / Craftberry Bush / Flaunt It Friday / Shabby Art Boutique / French Country Cottage

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad your pet is doing better! Adorable fairy houses! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I commented on this another day, but you do such lovely art. I hope that you someday sketch if it's something you'd like to do, you have such beauty in you!

      Delete
    2. I wish! I've always said that if I could choose a creative talent to have it would be to sketch and paint. (Even just now I was perusing illustrations on Pinterest). If only Aladdin's Magic Lamp would appear before me..... Lol!

      Thanks for the compliment. I appreciate that.

      Delete
  2. What a fun idea to have a fairy house, my daughter would love helping to make one of these :) We had a cat who used to hang out on our front porch and eventually, the owner let us just keep her since she would never leave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a darling idea! And this would be so much fun to do with my little niece.
    Thank you for sharing this week at Brag About It link party on VMG206 (Mondays at Midnight).
    ~ Megin of VMG206

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!