Saturday, November 7, 2015

Foggy November Mornings

 photo Patricia Christensen_zpsvfldpikp.jpg
(Artwork: Patricia Christensen)

Today has been the first day that it sort of is beginning to feel like fall. It's rainy once again, and a little cool, but as always... it's also a little humid. It isn't quite long-sleeved weather just yet, but hopefully it'll arrive soon.

At least the triple digit temps are over.

All day I've been watching one of our resident squirrels scampering from tree to tree, gathering nuts. He has been one SUPER BUSY squirrel. It's been amusing watching him.

The other morning, when I took the dogs out, we spotted a deer by the fence. It wasn't very skittish, which was unusual. I'm so glad I got film of it!

The next morning I happened to look out the window and saw two deer running across the neighbor's field. Mom noticed that one of them was a buck. (I didn't realize that since I didn't have my contacts on and it was another foggy morning). I guess I need to place the game camera back outside at night because our property is covered in deer tracks again.

Photobucket

 photo 018_600_zpsqmmkru0m.jpg

 photo 011_600_zps5823eryt.jpg

 photo 021_600_zpshogkke3h.jpg

 photo 010_600t_zpstxsaii6x.jpg

 photo 017_600_zpsnluwofmt.jpg

Izzy is still placing her squeaky stuffed animals inside doorways to track our whereabouts. Photobucket

 photo susan branch_line_zpsztuxulsj.jpg



 photo 005_600_zpsu11hhslp.jpg

 photo 026_600_zpst6n70kes.jpg

Every day now I see a 'cow bird' hanging out around the neighbor's pond. I don't know why, but I always like seeing them.

 photo 020_400v_zpsc2ffm9w0.jpg

Please try to ignore all the rugs. It's the only way Abby will walk on the new hardwood floors.

If it isn't carpet, she's afraid to walk on it. She's been like that ever since she was a pup.

 photo 001_600_zpscctuowsd.jpg

 photo 023_600_zpsrobqqk5l.jpg

Sleepy Maddie Kate.

 photo 007_600_zpsvonobamo.jpg

 photo 022_600_zpscngijmyf.jpg

 photo 012_600_zpsfg0b1aqv.jpg

 photo 019_600_zpsex4tl6tp.jpg

You usually know rain is coming by observing the cows and bull lying down.

Unfortunately, the neighbor sold the calves. He always does, but when they're gone it's always a surprise and sad to me.

 photo 008_600_zpspwjrlsyl.jpg

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!