Friday, January 22, 2016

Crick Hollow in January

 photo susan branch_505_zpsizdzhl4j.jpg

For those of you snowed in this weekend, today I'll be posting some pics of sunny Texas to keep ya warm and toasty.

Just so you know, I'm incredibly jealous of all that snow because I think snow covering the ground would be really pretty here. I think it would be so much fun to take photos of the neighbor's cattle surrounded by fields of snow. Never in my life have I seen that.

Of course, I've never seen snow completely cover the ground either so that alone - regardless of the location - would be amazing to me.

I wouldn't want snow all winter, but a few times a year would be nice. (We deserve it seeing how hellish our summers are). I think the last time I saw the white stuff was back in 2008, and even that was barely a dusting.

Still, I can't complain because today it's actually really cold. It's so cold we made some homemade fudge. Yum!
 photo kitchen_400_zpsf29lrd1h.jpg

Of course, it'll warm up by tomorrow but at present the cold is here so I'm going to enjoy it!

Here's Batch #2 of my more recent photos.

 photo 515-16-SweetlyScrapped_zpsd4f51152.png

 photo 1_zpsgwiux61e.jpg

 photo 2_zpswk9yffhw.jpg

 photo 3_zpsdijbribw.jpg



 photo 4_zpsnjp3hftx.jpg

Can you believe those are spider webs?! (The video of them is in yesterday's post).

I think it's time to mow that field again. Lol!

 photo 008_530_zpsmype5daw.jpg

 photo 5_zpsjg9k0tw0.jpg



 photo 6_zpsouxpr9lh.jpg

 photo fox_600_zpspqyicuyp.jpg

The pic above is a snapshot I took from the first time the fox visited us. (That video is in my last post).

We named the fox "Maid Marian," after the Disney cartoon.

 photo 002_600_zpstue1cfuh.jpg



 photo 7_zpstjszaks0.jpg

 photo 8_zpsi193jpeg.jpg

 photo 9_zpsi6ebjjaq.jpg



 photo 10_zpsguvi4gni.jpg

 photo buck_600_zpsw3vrfbg2.jpg

 photo 009_600_zpsddsijv1l.jpg



 photo moon 2_600_zpslah9o14h.jpg

 photo 12_zpsx9p2ma3x.jpg

 photo fox returns_600_zpsmjkqti2d.jpg



I wonder what the deer is running from?

 photo 13_zps5a7etrih.jpg

 photo 14_zps4k8nzskn.jpg

Photobucket

Random Video from Last Night:

 photo brambly hedge_600_zpsgiuqi4d3.jpg

It looks like we now have an even younger Buck visitor, and it's always nice to see the rabbits. I don't see them during the day like I used to.







~♥~♥~♥~♥~~♥~♥~♥~♥~

Sharing with these lovely memes:
CAMERA CRITTERS / SATURDAY'S CRITTERS / NATURE NOTES TUESDAY

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Hello, great variety of critters. I love the cute donkey and all the doggies.
    Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS, thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. terrific loved all especially night vision

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun images. You caught quite a few critters! Love the deer and the cardinal...the donkey, too. Loved the cattle ... Happy Critter Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great captured on your night videos of all the critters andI love the donkey behind the fence

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have changed blogs? I had lost track of you! Love your wonderful photos and the night cam videos are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello!:) Cool night time images of the fox and deer.Interesting shots of the spider's webs also and nice dog, cattle, and donkey images.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lots of very cool critters, awesome night cam images!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ps...many thanks for your kind comment. i hope you get to see snow one day as well. it's so magical!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Kristin and welcome to Nature Notes. I enjoyed poking around and getting to meet your pets. I have two orange tabby brothers who are rescues at present. I love your cam videos. I know we have deer, rabbits, skunk, raccoon, possum and even mink pass through the yard, but having it on tape would be great. Thank you for a warm weather view as the yucky snow and gray gets to be too much this time of year except for my husband who loves to ski....Michelle from Nature Notes...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm determined to replace my trailcam. It just doesn't take as good photos as your!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!