Saturday, March 19, 2016

Of Bluebonnets and Cuddles

 photo Robyn Officer_zpsvinnu76o.jpg
(Artwork: Robyn Officer)

The Velveteen Rabbit in this illustration might as well be our little Abby pup. She's been sick for a week now, so there's been LOTS of cuddling with her wrapped all cozy inside a warm towel. (I daresay she is pretty spoiled).

On the morning of Saint Patrick's Day she went to the vet, so hopefully her meds will get her on the mend. For now she's taking a nap in her favorite place... beneath my bed.

She hasn't been eating on her own accord, so we've been force-feeding her. Sometimes she'll drink water, and other times not. I don't know if the meds aren't working, of if she's just being her stubborn self. (Abby doesn't eat much to begin with and to be honest... she can be a strange one).

 photo b4_zpsunzpecry.png

 photo mary hamilton 2_zps075tjx1h.jpg
(Artwork: Mary Hamilton)

"May you have warm words on a cold evening, a full moon on a dark night and a smooth road all the way to your door." ~ Irish Blessing

Happy (Belated) Saint Patrick's Day!

After we got home from taking Abby to the vet I took some pics of the neighbor's bluebonnets. Here are those pics, and then a few random ones from recently.

 photo 0_zpsqkvz6gds.jpg

Hidden Fairy House that I made recently. (I'll take detailed pics on another day. I really need to take photos of all of them).

 photo 1_zps2vnrp6ex.jpg

 photo 2_zpslnlljzfl.jpg

I took this pic of Maddie a few days ago. She's so, so tired!

 photo 3_zpsqp0vdfxk.jpg

 photo 4_zpssyry10yc.jpg

 photo 5_zpsjua8uesp.jpg

 photo 6_zpsa7uljifd.jpg

This one is a wild bluebonnet, and see the sweet ladybug in the background?

 photo 7_zpsmuns0itb.jpg

 photo 8_zpsfzxxi6id.jpg

 photo 9_zps0qr86jxl.jpg

 photo 10_zpsci4hyiyn.jpg

 photo 11_zpskwjhfpo1.jpg

Yesterday I saw a new calf being born. If it's a male, I think I'll name it "Patrick" seeing how it was born the day after Saint Patty's Day.

I'll post photos and video of it as soon as I'm able. (Not that anyone will see them).

 photo ttfn_zps37edc331.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!