Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Happy Hauntings from Crick Hollow

 photo hm by disney.jpg
(Artwork: Disney)

We got our computer back after it went all Pppfbbppphttttt on us Sunday night.  On Monday we had to take it to Best Buy in Bastrop to be repaired.  (An 80 mile trip there and back).  Then we picked it up today.

The good news is we didn't lose everything.  We had to load all our programs again, but the videos I thought I lost I didn't.

The bad news is that Photobucket REFUSES to load on both the main computer and my laptop now. I NEED my Photobucket accounts like a caffeine addict needs their morning java, but I can't get the darn site to load for me in the slightest. This means I might have to to use Flickr from now on. 
 
I created an account there today and I must say that I do not like it at all.

Well, that's enough crying from me. Shared below are the Halloween Decorations I did in the house this year. The outside has nothing at all, which I'm still getting used to. Back when we lived in The Woodlands/Spring area, we were THE HOUSE to visit. (Same for Christmas). People always told us they'd make special trips to see our house. People would even pose for photos in our yard.

We don't do any of that out here at Crick Hollow though. In the country there just isn't any point since not many people would see it and there are no children around. Also, this house is a tiny dollhouse compared to our last one. We just don't have the room for storing the decorations anymore. We gave over half of everything away when we moved. (And that's pretty much e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g and not just holiday decorations).

UPDATE:

First my camera starts getting "lens error," then our new computer breaks down, and this morning my mother's new car breaks down.  (She was about 5 miles away from home, on her way to vote).  She had to get a ride home, but get this--- she NEEDS the car this weekend because she and her sister are supposed to meet up in Austin for a BIG meeting.  (It's them meeting the child - now a grown man - my Mom's sister was forced to give up 46 years ago. Mom's sister is even flying down to Texas from Illinois, to meet her son for the first time).  So now my mother might not be able to go and this meeting has been planned for weeks now.

 photo linerat_zpsimtj0hsu.png

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

9t

10

11

12

13

14

15

16

17

18

19

20

21

22

22t

23

24

25

26

27

28

29

30

31

32

33

34

34t

35

36

37

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Oooooops!!!! Reading quickly, I at first read "take it to Best Buy in Bastrop" as "talking to Best Buy Bastard." >,-)

    After you read this, you may delete it, of course. I don't want to drive away readers here! But I was sure you would "appreciate" my silly humor.

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  2. "this house is a tiny dollhouse"

    Ohhhh, I want to see more of your tiny dollhouse! I adore "just-enough-room" homes! Adore them!!!!!

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now! You-decorate-Baby!!! I love it!!!!!

    And look at all the glitter, in among things. And that little ghost candle flame! Ohhhhhhhhh, precious. -clapping hands-

    I want to come to your house, for Samhain/Halloween. :-)))

    "Life is tricky baby,
    Stay in your magic."

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun spooky stuff! Funny how so many technical things go wrong, maybe it's sun spots or something. I hope your mom gets her car fixed or maybe rents a car.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, I see what the photos from photo bucket aren't loading. but your computer shouldn't affect photo bucket, but that is terrible. Doesn't blogger save photos from blog to google? I don't now as I use wordpress..Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!