Saturday, October 29, 2016

Spooky Spider Webs and Butterflies

 photo by_gretchen ellen powers.jpg
(Artwork: Gretchen Ellen Powers)

While some places are enjoying fall colors.... or even SNOW as evidenced on the Moon Spinners blog on Thursday... here at Crick Hollow we're enjoying blue skies and butterflies. butterfly photo butterfly.gif

And I do mean A LOT of butterflies.  Bees also.  They're all in love with the bottle brush trees right now.  I think we need to plant some more.  They seem to be one of the few things that actually grow out here anyway.

The dragonflies are still around, too.  As I was ushering one out of the garage the other day it landed on my hand!  It was a beautiful green dragonfly.  I hope the butterflies will do the same, but so far no luck.  They seem to prefer the bottle brush over humoring some random human's whim.

It isn't all butterflies and dragonflies around here though.  We also have spider webs absolutely everywhere.  They have taken over. They're on every single rose bush, every tree, the front porch, the back porch, the front yard, the backyard, out in the fields... even inside the house.  

 photo hween.gif 'Tis the Season, right?  photo frank.gif

I guess this means we don't need to add fake spider webs to any Halloween Decor.  
 
Not that we've decorated the outside at all this year.  We don't even have a pumpkin yet, which is pretty unheard of for us.  It's been a little crazy around here lately, so I guess our jack-o-lanterns will just have to go to some other home this year.

I can't upload any new videos just yet, so at the bottom of the post I'll share those vids that I - thankfully - didn't lose after all when our computer went kerplooey.  
 
And I have even more photos to add, but I'm going to share those in a separate post later in the week.  There's no way I'm going to go overboard - again - in making a single post about 5 miles long.

 photo susan branch_line_zpsztuxulsj.jpg

 photo 0.jpg

 photo 1.jpg

 photo 2.jpg

 photo 3.jpg

I LOVE "Hershey" and "Fudge." (They belong to our neighbor). They are the sweetest little gentlemen you will ever meet.

They actually come up to the fence each night, patiently waiting for us to feed them their carrots. They're like well-behaved dogs!

 photo 4.jpg

 photo 5.jpg

 photo 6.jpg

 photo 7.jpg

 photo 8.jpg

 photo 9.jpg

 photo 10.jpg

 photo 11.jpg

 photo 12.jpg

 photo 13.jpg

 photo 14.jpg

 photo 15.jpg

 photo 16.jpg

 photo 17.jpg

 photo 18.jpg

 photo 19.jpg

 photo 20.jpg

 photo 21.jpg

 photo 22.jpg

 photo 23.jpg

 photo 24.jpg

 photo 25.jpg

 photo 26.jpg

 photo 27.jpg

 photo 28.jpg

 photo 29.jpg
 
 photo b4_zpsunzpecry.png
 
 photo ch_video.png










 
Sharing with these lovely memes:
CAMERA CRITTERS / SATURDAY'S CRITTERS / I'D RATHER B BIRDIN' / NATURE NOTES TUESDAY / OUR WORLD TUESDAY / OUTDOOR WEDNESDAY / WANDERING CAMERA

Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Hello, what a great critter post. I love the donkeys, they are so cute. Beautiful butterflies. The Bluebirds are one of my favorite birds. Love all the photos! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Enjoy your Saturday and the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many lovely shots of the butterflies. Also have to say your little dog is such a sweetie! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be still my heart,your photos are SO BEAUTIFUL! I must see if bottle brush`s grow in my state of Pa.,lovely colors they have,have a great weekend & thanks for sharing.phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  4. We birders appreciate your participation this weekend at I'd Rather B Birdin'!!! Thanks for sharing this!!! Bluebirds are one of my favorites, and I have to drive quite a distance from here to find 'em...lucky you to have them so nearby!!

    And your little dog...adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps...as I typed my previous comment, I see the Phantom of the Opera image on your sidebar ---I love that movie!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only my favorite movie of all time, tied with The Ghost and Mrs. Muir.

      And I do treasure our bluebirds. We rescued a fledgling once, back when we lived in The Woodlands/Spring area. We named him "Fievel." Where we live now the bluebirds are plentiful. We've had as many as 16 bluebirds around our bird bath before; most of them fledglings. They really are sweet little birds and they're always around.

      Delete
  6. Ohhhh mercy me! Having a dragonfly land on your hand! I think I would have fainted away. :-)))) I love dragonflies and we we do not have a lot of them, up here. -pout-

    I'm not a fan of spider webs but, oh my, don't outdoors ones, make fantastic photo oppppppps?!?!?!

    Our snow finally went, happily. Rain now. Oh well, it's cozy to have a fire in the evening.

    Love the name Crick Hollow!!!!!!! I love all names, with Hollow in them. :-) Did you ever read "The Hollow" books, by Jessica Verday? I love them!!! I know! Not everyone would, but I do. ,-)

    Happy Dark Of The Moon,
    Happy Samhain,
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Lots of wonderful photography ~ Love the donkeys and dog and that little blue bird ~ thanks

    Wishing you a wonderful week ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely series of shots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Calling by from Nature Notes, what a delightful selection of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure your blog friend with the snow is a perfectly lovely lady, but I can tell you for sure that I'd rather visit Your Farm. Just based on the weather I already knew that before I even looked at your lovely pictures. And now I'm sure I couldn't do better! Such a happy place ... the butterflies and flowers and the sweet donkeys... really every picture made me smile. Visiting from Nature Notes and glad you linked there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Kristin....welcome to Nature Notes....I loved all the videos as I too love to catch what is going on with short videos.... I can't see any of the photos and I am trying to figure out why..I tried my IPAD and laptop and they still only appear as blanks..... Hmmm... Maybe my connection? I will try later because I can see that people loved them...sorry about that...Michelle...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Photobucket was down for maintenance - yet again - all day yesterday. (I'm uploading all my old pics to Flickr right now. I'm so tired of PB always not loading and the ads have gotten completely out of hand. I can't use PB on my laptop at all).

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!