Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Simple Fall Decor / A Rainy Week

 photo AutumnWishes.jpg
(Artwork: Gretchen Ellen Powers)

“It was November--the month of crimson sunsets, parting birds, deep, sad hymns of the sea, passionate wind-songs in the pines. Anne roamed through the pineland alleys in the park and, as she said, let that great sweeping wind blow the fogs out of her soul.”
 
~ L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

I didn't really do much fall decorating this year, and what's shared below is the only thing I bothered taking photos of at all.

I think next year I'll do a lot more.

The photos of the little deer shadowbox/vignette isn't technically a fall decoration either.  It's just a little something I made a while back and which reminds me of fall.

I just wish the real deal would visit us in reality for a sweet change!

 photo 515Divider1-SweetlyScrapped_zps98efec0f.png

 photo 1.jpg

 photo 2.jpg

 photo 3.jpg

 photo 4.jpg

 photo 5.jpg

 photo 6.jpg

 photo susan branch_line_zpsztuxulsj.jpg

 photo video_zpsazye5sja.png  photo pumpkin.png







 photo sb_fall.png





 photo 600div_zps8ca1a62b.png
 
 photo rainy.png

 photo 1.jpg

 photo 2.jpg

 photo 3.jpg

 photo 4.jpg

 photo 5.jpg

 photo 6.jpg

Each night, when the neighbor's new donkeys see us outside, they slowly walk up to the fence and just quietly - and very patiently - wait for us to feed them their carrots.

These two really are just the sweetest things. They're really gentle. The donkey the neighbor's used to have - "Hugs" - kept to herself. (I swear she thinks she's a cow).

But these two.... SWEET!

 photo 7.jpg

 photo 8.jpg

 photo 9.jpg

 photo 10.jpg

 photo 11.jpg

 photo 12.jpg

 photo 13.jpg

We just learned that “Fudge” the donkey now has a new name. It’s “Pedro.”

Personally, I’d have chosen to name him something cute like “Kisses.” That way there’s “Hershey” and “Kisses.” These two are inseparable, so it would be nice if their names complimented one another.

They are SPOILED by the way. Even the new neighbors next to us spoil them.

 photo 14.jpg

 photo 515-16-SweetlyScrapped_zpsd4f51152.png

 photo 564_zpszx2g8132.jpg

It was another drizzly morning, but I was glad of it for so many reasons.  It was a beautiful day.
 
I feel blessed.
 
  photo 1.jpg

 photo 2.jpg

 photo 3.jpg

 photo 4.jpg

 photo kr_fall.png

3 comments:

  1. Quick comment...

    Have a "bad leg," and sitting at computer is a NO-NO.... So I am doing what I have to do, not sitting here as much, and it is getting better. :-)

    Gentle hugs,
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little deer scene! So adorable. I watched your videos. They are fabulous. If I had those cows I'd be out there stopping the fights. LOL! I'm very bossy. All your photos are beautiful. I can see you are having lots of fun out there!
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nov. 13... Leg getting better.... Can sit a bit longer, at my computer chair.... :-) ..... Lovely waxing moon captures.... Nope, no snow here.... but very cool weather.... yes, you would probably love it.... love, love, love those donkeys!!!!!!! ... oh my yes!... lucky you, to have such "neighbors"....

    RE: Your comment on this blog post of mine.... I also think people tend to want to "follow" too many blogs.... I keep my number down to the few, I can easily read..... Same on IG.... Think people there, may try to view too many.... There too, I keep the number of IG's I read, down to a manageable number.

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!