Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Warm Texas November Blues (Updated)

 photo tgiving postcards.png

It was blessedly cool - in the 60's - for two days, but now it is back to being warm again.

Yep, that pretty much sums it up. Warm weather, putting up more Christmas decorations, and trying to decide what to do for Thanksgiving. I guess I should put up the tree soon.

It takes A LOT of time to put up the Christmas tree, because we have so many ornaments, but it's always worth it in the end. It's actually pretty surprising we haven't put it up yet.

Since moving to this teensy-tiny cupboard of a house I do miss putting up our Christmas Village though. I took so much pride in that village and loved it dearly. It gave me so much joy.

But enough rambling. Here are just a few pics from this past week. Unfortunately, they're boring and all look pretty much the same since all these were taken when the weather was so cold one morning. I was shocked to see frost on the ground.
 photo 515-16-SweetlyScrapped_zpsd4f51152.png

 photo 1.jpg

 photo 2.jpg

 photo 3.jpg

 photo 4.jpg

 photo 5.jpg

 photo 6.jpg

 photo 7.jpg

 photo 8.jpg

 photo 9.jpg

 photo 10.jpg

 photo 11.jpg

 photo b4_zpsunzpecry.png

 photo video ch_fall.png

 photo A. E. Kennedy.jpg
(Artwork: A.E. Kennedy)

I only have two short videos to share this time.





 photo 515-16-SweetlyScrapped_zpsd4f51152.png

 photo tg sunrise.png  photo sunshine_zps8b30dbfb.gif

 photo snoopy.jpg

So I decided to update this post to include the photos that I took of the sunrise this morning. They look the same as the others photos, but what can I say? I'm a fan of recording details on holidays.

I do wish we were experiencing cool weather this Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, and as usual, we aren't. It's pretty darn warm out there. I want it to be COLD! We suffer so much, and for so long, in the summer that it'd be nice to experience "holiday weather." This is ridiculous.

 photo 1.jpg

 photo 2.jpg

 photo 3.jpg

 photo 4.jpg

 photo 5.jpg

 photo 6.jpg

 photo 7.jpg

To View Larger-Sized Pics, Click HERE

 photo sig1.jpg

1 comment:

  1. You have "dragon's breath", above the pond!!! Isn't that "cooler" than saying mist??? :-))))))

    How about putting the Village, in your room? Even part of it? Maybe? If there isn't a perfect place for it, out in the general area of the house.

    this morning, before coming down stairs, I put the few bags of decorations, where my husband can grab them. We will be doing some decorating, soon. :-)))

    You are so lucky, to be able to view the sunrise!!!

    After Thanksgiving hugs,
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!