Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Of Christmas Birds and Snowmen

 photo cp_tree.jpg
(Artwork: E.H. Shepard)
 photo listen_mice.png

More photos of the Christmas Bling trailing into my own bedroom. (Like I said, it's a teensy-tiny house and all of these goodies used to be in a nice large house). I really do miss having the room to properly display everything.

Especially my Christmas Village.

There is literally nowhere to place that beautiful thing in this doll's house. It's such a shame.

FYI: The contents inside the sleigh is different in some of the photos because the other day I made changes to it. (I added the cute little snowman to accompany the puppy).

 photo 1.jpg

 photo 2.jpg

 photo snowman_600.jpg

 photo 3.jpg

 photo dresser_600.jpg

 photo 4.jpg

 photo 5.jpg

 photo 6.jpg

 photo dresser 3_600.jpg

 photo 7.jpg

 photo snowman 2_600.jpg

 photo lines-044_zpsav40s18l.gif

 photo cp_E.H. Shepard.jpg
(Artwork: E.H. Shepard)
 photo alcott 1.png
I'm not really happy with this arrangement (and the little penguin I added later), but I wanted to use my Little Golden Books somehow. I only wish I had ALL of my Little Golden Books. Unfortunately, my cousins took them a long time ago and there's no telling where they are now; probably thrown away.

My grandmother taught me to read with those books and they were always kept at her house. When my grandparents moved hours away, to live next door to my aunt and cousins, I purposely left a lot of the books behind, thinking my cousins would know they were MY books and that I wanted them back someday.

One time, while visiting them, I saw some of them. I was so glad and told them that those were my books I grew up with... and my cousin said "No they aren't." THAT CRUSHED MY SOUL! I wished I had listened to my grandma when I was a kid and written my name in ALL of those books.

To this day it kills me that I don't have them. I'm not a religious person, but if there is a Heaven, I guarantee that my beloved Little Golden Books will be there waiting for me. They were my most prized possessions as a child.

I had A LOT of them, and trying to remember which ones I had and replacing them just wouldn't be the same. The magic would be gone, not to mention it'd be very expensive.

I want MY books back!

 photo 1.jpg

 photo 6.jpg

 photo 2.jpg

 photo 3.jpg

 photo penguin_600.jpg

 photo 4.jpg

 photo 5.jpg

Larger Sized Pics - of ALL the Christmas photos I'll be sharing this month - can be viewed HERE.

 photo santa-sig.png

2 comments:

  1. Awwww I'm so sorry, about your Little Golden Books. -pout-

    Lesson learned early! Don't trust relatives! -grinnnn-

    Sparkles and glitter and sleigh bells wishes,
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! To this Day, I can Not tolerate my cousins...period!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!