Monday, December 12, 2016

Pardon the Glitter and Snow

 photo cp_mail.jpg
(Artwork: E.H. Shepard)
 photo alcott_bird.png

These are just a few of the glitter houses we've made over the years. (The three which we made ourselves had to have makeovers this year. It was messy and time-consuming, but well worth it in the end. Of everything, the pink trees were in the most dire need of makeovers).

The only glitter house pictured below, which we didn't make, is the house that's lit up.

All I did was add some little accessories to it. Easy Peasy!

And this is off topic, but you would not believe the amount of ladybugs taking over our house right now. Tonight alone I rescued well over 20 of them from the back door alone.... and that's from INSIDE the house.

We literally cannot open the front or back door without them crawling into or flying inside the house. They even land on our clothes, our bodies, and then of course the dogs. I've never seen anything like it. I guess the little buggers migrate this time of year.

 photo 1.jpg

 photo houses_600.jpg

 photo angel_500v.jpg

I wish I could get rid of the ornament hook on his purty little head.

 photo 2.jpg

 photo 3.jpg

 photo 4.jpg

 photo angel2_600.jpg

 photo 5.jpg

 photo bl2_600.jpg

 photo 6.jpg

 photo mrs_600.jpg

 photo 7.jpg

 photo 7t.jpg

 photo 8.jpg

 photo deer_600.jpg

 photo mrs_500v.jpg

 photo bl4_600.jpg

 photo 9.jpg

 photo bl3_600.jpg

 photo 10.jpg

 photo bl_500v.jpg

 photo 11.jpg

 photo 12.jpg

 photo 13.jpg

 photo 14.jpg

 photo lines-044_zpsav40s18l.gif

 photo cp_carols.jpg
(Artwork: E.H. Shepard)
 photo is coming.png

And now for the decorations taking over my little desk in my bedroom.

I still need to find replacement snowflake lights for my miniature tree. I really miss seeing them all lit up, but again.... it's a one-horse town and we have to travel a bit far to reach the nearest Home Depot or Lowe's.

At least I think that's where I got them.

 photo 1.jpg

 photo 2.jpg

 photo 3.jpg

 photo 4.jpg

 photo 5.jpg

 photo 6.jpg

 photo 7.jpg

 photo owl sig.png

3 comments:

  1. Love that Louisa May Alcott quote, at the top! How could I have missed that, all these years?!? ,-)

    We had the lady bugs earlier in the fall. And a zillion of what we call stink bugs. Eeeeeeek!!! To the stink bugs, that is.

    Glitter houses! Wonnnnderful!!!!!! Love, love, love them, although have none, at this time. But I can enjoy yours. :-)

    Happy, Happy Full December Moon Before Yule tonight!
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  2. More header and background fun going on here!!!! ,-))))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I hate to go home!!!Hahaaa...
    I don't have as many decorations...kinda bland at my place!
    Your's is so pretty!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!