Saturday, February 25, 2017

February Photos Extravaganza

 photo feb 2t.jpg

I've no idea what Mr. Groundhog predicted for people up north this winter, but down here his predictions are null and void.

We are STILL painting the house, and we are STILL having to stop at least once or twice each week due to rain. As it is, it's pretty impossible to paint for long periods of time due to the heat. (And zero shade. There hasn't been a cloud in the sky on the sunny days). This heat literally makes you sick, and it isn't even officially summer yet!

Today, however, a cool front blew through and up until about 3:30 this afternoon the weather was lovely. Goodness, it was beautiful. I didn't mind painting at all with weather like that.

We have more rain coming - so common on the weekends - so we have to stop AGAIN. I just hope we'll finish with all this by Easter, because this is getting ridiculous.

Below are photos I've taken over the past month. I took some this week as well, but I'll share those another time seeing how if I share them inside this post, the page just might blow up from picture overload. Photobucket

 photo heart gold.png

 photo 1.jpg

 photo 1.jpg

 photo 4.jpg

 photo 5.jpg

Eventually I'll get around to making a fairy house out of the log. (The log I saved from our beautiful 60 foot tree that had to be cut down).

 photo 1.jpg

 photo 3.jpg

 photo 1.jpg

 photo 5.jpg

 photo 6.jpg

 photo 2.jpg

 photo 4.jpg

 photo 8.jpg

 photo 2.jpg

Is that FROST?!

Why, yes. Yes it is. Miracles DO happen!

 photo 2.jpg

 photo 5.jpg

The ladybugs are e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e right now. I'm constantly rescuing them from inside the craft building, and while painting the house I kept finding them on the ladder or on the house itself.

I love them!

 photo 2.jpg

 photo 6.jpg

 photo 4.jpg

Here's one old nest - of two - that we found tucked inside the jasmine blooming on the trellis.

 photo 1.jpg

 photo 1.jpg

To my utter amazement, I awoke one morning to find FROST outside. It was surprising because it really wasn't all that cold that night. It was definitely cool for a sweet change, but actual ice?

LOVED it! I only wish it hadn't melted so darned early. We ended up having another wickedly hot day after all.

 photo 5.jpg

 photo 2.jpg

 photo 5.jpg

 photo 3.jpg

 photo 4.jpg

Does that not look like a face? It's funny, but creepy.

It reminds me of one of those prehistoric fishes called a Dunkleosteus.

 photo 3.jpg

 photo 1.jpg

 photo 5.jpg

 photo 2.jpg

Another "pattern" one of the dogs did with their babies. lol!

 photo 4.jpg

 photo 3.jpg

 photo 3.jpg

 photo 2.jpg

I wish they had shown up well in the photos, but I love the sweet yellow flowers blooming near the log.

 photo 4.jpg

 photo 2.jpg

 photo 3.jpg

 photo 1.jpg

 photo 7.jpg

 photo 1.jpg

"Hershey" isn't too happy on rainy days. "Pedro" on the other hand hardly seems to notice, seeing how he is always eating.

Not much seems to distract him from food.

 photo 4.jpg

 photo 3.jpg

 photo 4.jpg

We've had loads and loads and LOADS of insects around here lately. Flies, bees, yellow jackets, wasps, scorpions... and as always spiders.

The other day some huge, black, fuzzy bug was trying to attack me. It was either a HUGE carpenter bee, or a tachinid fly. I didn't get too good a look at it, although I did hear it buzzing and it was definitely fuzzy and black. If it weren't for being so fuzzy, I'd think it was a horsefly. (I've only seen one of those the one time, and they are huge. I'm not sure they're fuzzy though).

 photo 4.jpg

 photo 3.jpg

 photo 3.jpg

Abby loooves when it's time to play fetch with her pet rock each evening.

She's trained me well.

 photo 5.jpg

 photo 6.jpg

 photo 6.jpg

 photo 8.jpg

 photo 8.jpg

Nest #2

 photo 1.jpg

 photo 7.jpg

 photo 560.png
 photo ch video.png



So far 3 calves have been born over at the neighbor's!

This video is of the first calf. (Taken February 20th). One of the neighbor's dogs, "Walter," is trying to get it to chase him and play.

I found it pretty humorous - and impressive - that their dog pretended to graze along with the other cattle. Smart!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. The heat... Do you people in TX, plant shade trees, around your houses? Wouldn't that be the thing to do, right when building a house?

    Maybe water is a problem, but it seems it would be worth it, to water shade trees and let 'em grow, to give you some relief, from the unrelenting sun...

    Or is there some other reason, you didn't do this? I know nothing about living in TX, of course.

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I love morning mist. Or dragon's breath.

    And I also love spider webs, in the dawn hours, with drops of dew on them!!! Oh yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would think, but when we bought the land there were no trees on the lot besides the two next to the neighbors' property (one of which was dying and has recently been chopped down, and the other also is right next to the neighbor's/ours fence and barn).

    Before building the house we lived over 2 hours away and there was no water on the land, so we couldn't exactly plant lots of trees back then. Even if we did have water, we couldn't water them even on a weekly basis. (Although there sure were LOADS of long trips up here to mow the grass whenever we could).

    While the house was being built and we were renting a friend's place about an hour away, we planted lots of trees. Some have died, but most of them just haven't grown much... if at all. The soil around here is the worst because it's nothing but rocks, rocks, rocks.

    Did I mention rocks? (This definitely isn't farmer's land, because even trying to have vegetable garden failed). But even with shade, while that would certainly be a huge plus it doesn't banish the humidity.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!