Monday, February 20, 2017

Valentine Decor and 1st Spring Calf

 photo disney val 1.png

So Valentines Day has come and gone, but I didn't really notice. We’ve been painting up a storm around here lately, and we’re STILL not done.

For a few evenings we had a curious visitor during the commotion; a little wren. Every night it would sleep up in the corner of our front porch. At first I thought it might have been a swallow, but thank goodness it wasn’t. (Those swallows are dirty little buggers and they are very stubborn).

 photo 5.jpg

 photo 7.jpg

FYI: I had to take these photos through the beveled glass of the front door, so that's why they look so strange. Also, it was getting dark outside.

First, we attacked painting the deck in the back and then the house. It was a horrendous experience because 1). The smallest, most beautiful bright blue butterfly landed in the paint pan. I tried rescuing it, but of course it was too late. Sad. 2). The heat was so horrific. For 2 or 3 days the weather cooled off, but for the most part it’s felt like summer. (Heat Indexes of 88 - in February - should be outlawed).

 photo feb 7.jpg

3). The bugs are insane right now. As I was painting, the flies and spiders kept getting on the paint/house. (The ladybugs are everywhere, too, but them I don’t mind). Then there are the little snail shells. Those are all over the siding of the house. I also had to stop painting one day because there were lots of ticks. And let's not forget the bees and legions of dinosaur-sized wasps.

And of course before I started bathing the dogs the other day I found a baby scorpion on my shower curtain. Ah, yes… summer is creeping near.

Painting the house came with some bad juju.

- First, my father caught his fingernail on the ladder. By the time he got inside the house he fainted. (Which surprised him because he’s never done that before, and he’s been hurt way worse before). When he said he can’t believe he passed out, I told him to just “Girl Up.” Photobucket

- Mom bruised her pinky toe so badly that it turned black.

- Our water heater broke and had to be repaired. (The repairman said that in the 20 years he's been doing this, he's only seen a heater break so early on 2 or 3 times in his life. This heater of ours... it's only 4 years old, same as our house).

So yeah... bad juju.

We still haven’t finished painting the deck or house. (Because the rollers that we used on the deck didn’t reach between the boards, and we’ve received rain a few times. We also need to buy more paint for the house, but the road we take to the hardware store is currently flooded).

On a positive note, the donkeys next door (the white and black one) were acting unusually frisky the other day. It was so much fun to see. They were chasing each other around the barn. The temps that day were lower than the upper 80’s, so I guess that’s what made them so happy.



Also, this morning I noticed that the FIRST CALF for this spring has been born! (I think it was born during that terrible thunderstorm we had the other night. The poor thing). The neighbor's dog, Walter, was trying - for hours - to get the little calf to play with him in the rain. It was really cute. This calf is probably no more than a day, possibly two days, old and it seems really healthy. The little thing is running already. It didn't seem bothered by the rain at all either.

But enough rambling. Here are pics of the Valentine decor I put together inside the china cabinet this year.

 photo by_kawaii_much.png

 photo 1v.jpg

 photo 2v.jpg

 photo 3v.jpg

 photo 8v.jpg

 photo 4v.jpg

 photo 5v.jpg

 photo 6v.jpg

 photo tramp_500v.jpg

 photo 7v.jpg

 photo 9v.jpg

 photo jaq_500v.jpg

 photo 10v.jpg

 photo 11v.jpg

 photo dove_500v.jpg

 photo 12v.jpg

 photo 13v.jpg

 photo 14v.jpg

 photo bear_500v.jpg

 photo 15v.jpg

 photo 16v.jpg

 photo 450.png

 photo ch video_bb.png

 photo heart.jpg

I've taken far too many photos this month, so for the remainder of this post I'll only share a few videos. The pics I'll probably just share via several posts. Or... maybe I'll just go crazy with one post.

I think there are probably only 2 or 3 people that read this blog anyway. A lot of freedom comes with that.









 photo yellow.png

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhhh, that moon!!!!!!!!!!!

    You had more Valentine decor, than I did. Ahemmm, do. Mine is still up.

    And now I am glad it is!

    Please read my blog post, to find out why. It is very interesting!!!!

    YOu certainly have a lot of critters, to deal with, where you live. Yikes! I suppose the old saying holds... "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger." :-)))))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!