Saturday, May 27, 2017

Springtime 2017 - part 1

 photo Kerryanne-500.jpg
(Free Printable: Kerryanne English/Shabby Art Boutique)

- So last weekend another Mother's Day appeared on the calendar.

If you're still blessed to have a mother, and a wonderful one at that, on Mother's Day did you show your love and appreciation for her by picking up that phone and actually calling her? (Opposed to sending an impersonal, hurtful 5 seconds text that is?)

If so, congratulations! You're a kind person. Here's a smiley-faced sticker and candy bar!

 photo sm70.png  photo snickers.gif

Yeah, sorry they're both virtual.

- This is funny. Last Wednesday Mom woke up with a phrase in her head.
It was "Pretty little flower, show your face to me." lol!  photo 529620.gif

 photo heart gold.png

 photo david hall_tink.jpg
(Artwork: David Hall)

For my birthday - which fell on Mother's Day this year - I received the best present! (I actually received it about a week earlier).

I've been needing to replace my little desk with something larger - for storage - and a while back I fell in love with an antique sideboard. I especially fell in love with the fact that you can only open the cabinet doors with a key!

That alone felt very "Victorian" to me - my heart song era - so I was pretty much in love with it the first second my eye fell upon that sweet little key.

 photo desk3_600.jpg

 photo desk4_600.jpg

 photo david hall_pan.jpg

The artworks above - both of them by David Hall - remind me of my birthday present.

It doesn't take much effort to imagine Tinkerbell trapped inside one of the little keyholes, searching for Pan's shadow.

 photo desk1_600.jpg

 photo desk2_600.jpg

Eventually, I think I'll stain it a darker color but for now I'm going to leave the color and use a stencil on the ovals to the cabinet doors.

I already got the stencil, too. It's of a bird on a branch. Since I don't wish to stain it just yet, I'm going to use a very light colored brown paint for the stencil. I want it to be barely visible and to look a little faded.

When I do finally decide to stain the whole thing darker, I'll probably use a black paint for the stencil.

 photo Hipster_arrow.png

 photo miscramblings.png  photo blah-1.gif

- The man that was supposed to put in our driveway and sidewalks never showed up... twice. (What is up with the 'services/businesses' around here? Do people in the country just have zero professionalism and integrity? I've lost count of how many times this has happened to us)
This means that we're going to have to do it ourselves. Oh, Joy!  photo sarcasm_zps3a856fd6.gif

- My mother got a really bad cough - very bronchitis-like - and even after going to the doc she's still under the weather after all these weeks.

It reminds me of when I got that persistent cough after going to Disney World. I had a persistent tickle in my throat for 3 months!

- My father had kidney stones and had to have a lithotripsy again.

- The heat index is insane right now, and probably climbing. Boo!!!!

 photo 105.jpg

- I heard a bunch of coyotes far off in the distance a while back, before sunset. They sounded like an Indian War Party whooping and hollering.

That night I doubt they did much venturing because we had buckets and buckets of rain.

- Why must the deer love our roses so much?

Remember the little fawn left on our front porch that day? Well it's Mama finally returned to pick up her kid at dusk, but not before eating all SEVEN roses on our BRAND NEW baby rose bush that we planted the previous week.

I swear the deer think of roses as we do M&M's or Pez candy. Ya can't eat just one.

To them, it isn't a rose tree.

 photo 200dum.png

It's a lollipop tree, and our garden beds are Willie Wonka's Chocolate Factory.

To deter the deer we tied more bars of Irish Spring soap from our trees and rose bushes. I probably went a little overboard this time around, but I'm not taking any chances. (I've learned that 'Deer Resistant' plants are oftentimes a myth, but a myth more real than say... the Loch Ness monster. lol!)

- A few days ago Mom saw a roadrunner in the front yard, and yet again I missed it.

- We've had TWO hailstorms recently; the last one this Tuesday.

While the hail wasn't nearly as large with this second storm, it was a lot worse. Last I heard the winds in our area reached at least 70 mph. It was pretty scary even though it didn't last long. We were really lucky that we were spared the tornadoes others received.

I haven't uploaded my own video of the storm yet, so here's one I found online of the storm in Austin.



So yep, it's been bonkers lately.

You know what's also bonkers? The fact that I have so many photos and videos to edit and upload. Once I'm done with all that, I think I'll get back into making siggies and wallpapers. I used to love doing those.

 photo b4_zpsunzpecry.png

 photo pt 1t.png

 photo 1.jpg

 photo 2.jpg

 photo 3.jpg

 photo 4.jpg

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a DUCK in the neighbor's tree one day!

 photo 1.jpg

 photo 5.jpg

 photo 1.jpg

Dad added leftover tin to the gazebo recently, to keep the snakes away, and Mom made the shades

 photo 3.jpg

 photo 6.jpg

 photo 7.jpg

 photo 2.jpg

 photo 2.jpg

 photo 8.jpg

 photo 9.jpg

 photo 10.jpg

 photo 11.jpg

 photo 12.jpg

 photo 13.jpg

Silly Girl. She loves hide-and seek.

 photo 14.jpg

 photo 15.jpg

 photo 16.jpg

 photo page-break.png

 photo ch video_bb.png











Boy Howdy was this a long post. When I make up for not blogging for a while... well, I make up for not blogging for a while! And this is only Part 1.

Jeepers!  photo shok_zps66a451e5.gif

 photo yellow estr.png

2 comments:

  1. Love your new desk! Key locks. So old fashioned and precious. -happy sigh-

    Best wishes, concerning the health of your family. Mmmm, should you be planning on doing sidewalks, with their health, and the terrible heat??????????????????????????

    IF you have had your eyes checked, and IF you have gotten new glasses, to alleviate headaches, then may I make a suggestion???

    *Do your photos, small batches at a time.

    *It won't get to be such an insurmountable chore, that way.

    *Do more frequent posts...

    *More frequent posting, with less-in-each-post, could increase your
    readership... Maybe? If you care about that... And I think we all
    do, whether we admit it or not. :-)

    Just me, sticking my nose in, to other people's business.... My bad! ,-)

    Lots of gentle hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't care about readership anymore. It's why I don't even bother joining blog hops anymore, although I thought about it with the fawn post because that was so unusual.

    Even making the posts shorter - like I used to do way back when - the result will be the same. I know that from experience. I started making them longer because I know it doesn't really matter and I prefer the larger batches. All I care about is having everything in multiple places; here, FB, etc.

    I need to get more flash drives actually. I hate that I lost my Disney World photos from our Christmastime visit. I only got around to editing one batch of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!