Friday, June 2, 2017

Fawn and Mama Update

 photo claire fletcher 2.jpg
(Artwork: Claire Fletcher)

Remember that sweet little fawn that a Mama Doe left on our front porch on May 13th? (That post can be viewed HERE). I forgot to post updated pics and video of the baby fawn reuniting with its Mom.

She left her baby at our house all day, and in the late afternoon I saw her in a panic in the neighbor's field. The odd thing is she never once called out to it. (I guess deer aren't very bright). She finally disappeared back into the woods, but a couple hours later she was seen again.

Eating the beautiful roses off our newly planted Don Juan rose bush!!!! (We couldn't deter her from her snack of course because we wanted her to pick up her kid. We were done worrying over that precious thing).

She still never called out to her baby, but fortunately the fawn woke up from its nap and knew Mom was close by. They reunited in our front yard and the baby couldn't eat fast enough.

 photo ln.png

 photo 1.jpg



 photo 2.jpg



 photo 3.jpg



 photo 4.jpg

 photo by_kawaii_much.png

 photo ch video_bb.png

Yes, more videos.

This is what happens when you don't upload your photos and videos from your camera for several months. You have to play catch up.



















 photo blue.png

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog! The baby deer is so adorable. I'm glad the mother came back. It is a wonder any of the baby deer survive. You have a beautiful place the animals.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!