Saturday, June 3, 2017

Sunny June Begins

 photo susan wheeler.jpg
(Artwork: Susan Wheeler)

No, you adorable little bunny nestled inside a sweet illustration, I don't need a hug. I need ice cream!  photo icecream2.gif (Preferably something with chocolate, brownies and cheeries. I actually dreamed about eating ice cream samples last night. How weird is that?)

Thanks to 3 different local businesses not showing up to put in our sidewalk and driveway, we're having to do the sidewalks ourselves. (The concrete driveway just isn't gonna happen).

This morning, before I went out there to help, someone decides to drop by even though it's clear that it's an inconvenient time; what with all the sweating in the Hot as Hades summer heat and humidity while doing manual labor.

This time it wasn't another nosy neighbor with no common sense. Instead it was yet another Jehovah's Witness.  photo sigh.gif (The last time those cretins dropped by we were working outside in the heat - again - and EIGHT of them climbed out of their clown car).

Sometimes I just don't like people. I really, really don't. But never mind me. I'm just allergic to summer, bad manners and nut jobs. (Although to be 100% honest, today I didn't do all that much manual labor. I only did a little shoveling and already my upper arms are killing me. Apparently I have zero upper arm strength. I'm such a weakling compared to my farming ancestors).

My parents did a lot of the pebbles/sand foundation for the sidewalk last night. (They were even out there after dark, and by then were visited by lots of curious scorpions). While they were doing that I mowed the grass, which is the only thing that grows like crazy around here.

Anyway, here are pics from today
:

 photo 1.jpg

 photo 2.jpg

This pic was from last night. As clearly evident, the camera refused to focus. It happens a lot.

 photo 5.jpg

 photo 3.jpg

I forgot to mention the other day that I saw the silliest thing. I was outside with Abby when suddenly there was a loud ruckus in the neighbor's pasture. I looked up to find one of the calves stuck inside the feeding station and trying to get out. It's legs were hanging over the side and everything. lol!

It got out after a few seconds, but it was so funny. I guess the feed was getting low inside there and it was trying to reach it.

 photo 4.jpg

 photo 6.jpg

Meet "Felix."

The lizards have been really brave and curious lately. Whenever I water the plants they come up to the run off and drink, and just today - when Dad was working on the sidewalk - one of them was hanging out with him. It even crawled on his hand! They used to run away like The Flash, but not anymore.

 photo 7.jpg

So I was going to post our Easter Decorations photos - yeah, I realize it is now June - but for some reason the lighting in them turned out really dark. I haven't yet decided if I'm going to re-take them or just live with the failure. (I haven't even edited them all. I just gave up).

In the meantime, here are photos I took of my bedroom a while back. I think I'll be changing it around soon.

 photo b4_zpsunzpecry.png

 photo 1.jpg

 photo 2.jpg

 photo 3.jpg

 photo 4.jpg

 photo 5.jpg

 photo 7.jpg

 photo 6.jpg

 photo 8.jpg

I got the little bunny at the antiques show a while back.

Ever since I put that little stove back in my bedroom I wanted to have a little bunny there. (Because it reminds me of an old photograph and illustration I've seen once of Beatrix Potter's pet rabbit).

 photo 9.jpg

 photo 10.jpg

 photo 11.jpg

 photo 12.jpg

 photo 13.jpg

 photo 14.jpg

Yeah, it turned our blurry but I have to include Wendy Kitty's photo. I miss her.

 photo 15.jpg

 photo 16.jpg

 photo 17.jpg

 photo 18.jpg

 photo 19.jpg

 photo 20.jpg

 photo 21.jpg

 photo 22.jpg

 photo 23.jpg

 photo 24.jpg

 photo 25.jpg

 photo 26.jpg

 photo 27.jpg

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I almost missed seeing this post...so glad I didn't!! You have a beautiful place! Your first four or five paragraphs just cracked me up...I mean, that could have been written by me!! Folks stopping by at the worst possible time! My husband and I were on the other side of the pond...a good ways from the front yard. We we working, cutting down small trees and undergrowth from around the pond. Sweating, my hair falling in my eyes...and I heard a car horn blowing. It kept blowing so I put my tools down and walked to the house. It was a neighbor. She asked, are you okay? I must have looked awful. I answered yes, we are working on the other side of the pond. She said, I know, I could hear you over there. ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have even opened the huge swinging gate to our driveway. They've crawled over it! (They ignore the No Trespassing signs, too). One neighbor, on Thanksgiving when we had company over, decided to come through our GARAGE and knock on our laundry room door. We had literally just moved into this house two days earlier, so company or no company and holiday or no holiday... we were pretty busy and it was so rude to trespass like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes you wonder how folks were raised, doesn't it! My daddy's favorite saying was, (and he used it often), "I wish folks who have nothing to do would do it some place else".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!